and believe it or not, it’s already almost wedding WEEKEND!
Just realized when I was climbing into bed tonight that this is the last night I’ll sleep here alone.
Tomorrow (Thursday…today?) is the bachelorette party and we are doing a slumber party gig. Then Friday all the bridesmaids are all staying together in the hotel!
Is this supposed to be sentimental? I’m happy to not be living here alone anymore, that’s for sure. We’ve got groceries in our pantry now, and we kind of cleaned the living room. We’re ready for real life! I think.
So I’ve officially started real life I guess!
We got an apartment (!) to live in a few weeks before graduation. Nobody lived here but we slowly moved in all of our stuff. Mostly Justin wanted to get all of this out of his closet:
Then we GRADUATED and stuff! Oh man!
On the 11th (the day after graduation!), I drove with some friends to Leavenworth, KS for a wedding of Justin’s old roommate! I wish I had been more actively blogging then (like I would have had time, laughable), because everything we found there would have been a story of its own!
That night of the 11th was the first night I stayed in the apartment as my very own! Justin has been coming over during the daytime and studying and unpacking/cleaning/sorting. The evenings he has spent at his job training! Monday and Tuesday we went out to eat afterwards and watched basketball. We are gonna go broke doing that, so he ate before he left today.
Since being a REAL adult:
1. The Cox man came and installed our internet and cable.
1a. I discovered we ordered the wrong cable package. Apparently FSN Oklahoma is a super fancy channel… not amused.
2. I met with the caterer, had a phone call with the videographers, ordered the cake, finished our guestbook!
3. I hit someone with my car. OH YEAH. Yesterday was a goodie.
4. I’ve ironed a bedskirt.
That’s where we’re at. Also, my face has had weird flare ups so it’s really unpredictable. So that sucks. La la la.
Here we go, life.
Now, videography is something that I had convinced myself I didn’t need. I’m a photo person. And I don’t like hearing my voice on camera, either. However, I’ve seen so many wonderful wedding compilations, including one of my brother’s wedding.
And my other sister-in-law mentioned that she wished she would have. So. That started to sway me until I saw the price. (I’m trying to be a leeetle bit budget conscious, you know? See a trend?). Most places started at $1000.
Then I got a text from one of my good friends, Thomas, who I went to Scotland with, and who was there for the “big event”. His best friend from high school attended film school and works in NYC now. He said that he would come for just the price of travel! After speaking with him some more, I was completely sold. I’m so excited!! Forrest is also bringing along a second shooter, who is from Dallas. Even with the holiday weekend, the RT tickets for the two of them came to be around $550. They will be flying into St. Louis (a bit cheaper than Tulsa) and coming down to the grand event with Thomas.
It sure pays to have those friendly connections, huh? 🙂 Now if I only had a “friend” who knew how to do flowers, and also maybe one that wanted to plan the rest of the wedding…!
Take a look at this awesome video Forrest produced recently:
And his partner, Davin:
Check them both out at:
Did you have videography at your wedding?
and I’ve noticed! My old posts were funny and I don’t even remember what being funny is like!
Just kidding. I’m always funny.
But really…let’s have more fun around here!
School? Absolutely not.
Work? You’re kidding.
Weddings? YES! Eeeeeeeeverybody loves weddings. Weddings are fun!
“Not everybody likes onions. CAKE! Everybody loves cake. Cake has layers.”
Kathleen was here 2 weeks ago (It was so fun!) and she went with me to get fitted for the first time in my dress! The woman was like, “What size is this dress?!” Sorry in advance, lady. But the way she set it up to bustle it is gorgeous. And it will already be ready to pick up on March 14! I have tried also walking/strolling/sitting in my shoes. They’re alright. I just hope I don’t die. I stood in them at David’s Bridal for 45 minutes while I was being fitted, so that’s promising. I didn’t really want to change shoes, but they were only like $40, so I might just change into some stupid comfy shoes after the ceremony. Hey, I want to have fun too!
I guess things are starting to come together? I’m mostly just *too* relaxed about everything and am kind of at a loss of what I need to do. Planning the ceremony part will be next on the agenda I think.
I’ll give some updates and stuff to keep everyone informed…By everyone…my mom and Justin read this consistently. So it’s not much that they don’t already know!
Things to cover:
Centerpieces (the bane of my existence)
I don’t know, what else is there to a wedding…?! I’ll try to update about one every few days.
What did you like about planning a wedding? At what point did you say, “I don’t even care, as long as I get married!?”
This is the first time I’ve had QT out on a Friday in AWHILE, y’all. Here’s Jen’s. Enjoy some stories from the past two weeks:
1. My little family came for Homecoming last weekend! My mom and Mimi came and brought the little boys, who are not so little anymore…Look at how big NT is…! We lost our game pretty badly…But this was a pretty happy part of the game:
I love that Kettle corn business.
2. I went to Houston with Ed for HAPL’s Executive Night last Thursday. The keynote speaker was none other than Mr. Ted Cruz. His opening line was: “I’ve been in Washington DC all week. It sure feels good to be back in America.” Oh, Texans.
3. I ended up sitting next to Brent Smolik, the CEO of EP Energy. I immediately regretted my glitter nail polish choice, but tried to own it.
4. We got to see some friends, and also got to skip class on Friday. Sometimes it sucks to be away from home, but I really couldn’t complain about some me time/sleep time. I had a big bed and cozy room to myself, and casually watched Cupcake Wars to wake up/until checkout. It was a wonderful morning. Our stay in Houston ended with a delicious lunch at a restaurant with no menus…
This baby was $32. Whoops.
5. I withdrew from Chemistry instead of taking my second exam on Monday. I feel pretty good about it, after having a bit of a cryfest in the library with J. I went through a “I feel like a failure and shouldn’t ever try to follow my dreams again” moment, but I think I’m doing okay. Mostly I’m okay because I don’t have any 9am class MWF anymore.
6. I stayed up until the end of time on Monday and Tuesday (as you saw from my procrastination blogging. Since Wednesday, it’s been all downhill. Relaxing.
7. Cat freaked me out about all the things I need to work on. BM stuff will go out this weekend, and I just pulled out the timeline checklist again. AHHHH. Also. I mixed up our caterer and met this guy at the bridal fair a few weeks ago that acted like he knew me and our emails. He apparently didn’t, as he operates out of a different city. Awwwkward.